For any person considering treatment abroad, there are a lot of questions, since visiting a foreign country always requires thorough preparation and planning. We strive to be of help to you at any time, so we have prepared this simple guide that will help you remember what is to be done before, during and after treatment.
Before your treatment
- Ask your local doctor whether your condition allows you to travel and whether and when you will be able to travel again after the planned treatment.
- Take all the medical records related to your condition with you. This may include images, documents, and electronic information. If possible, send these documents to your doctor or your agency beforehand as well. It is also necessary to translate the documents into German or English.
- Think about whether someone would be able to accompany you. Not being alone or just with people you barely know in a foreign country is important to reduce any possible stress. during your trip.
We are always ready to provide you will all the necessary information and details regarding your trip, so do not hesitate to contact us and ask for assistance whenever you need it.
- We are also there for you when it comes to the choice of the right doctor or the right clinic. With many valuable connections to the best and most renowned specialists and hospitals, we can ask them to send us all the information – and help you make the right choice.
- It is advisable for a patient to check if all costs are included in the price provided for the surgery. Low price may be misleading and after arrival, it may turn out that there are some unforeseen additional fees.
- Always have a consultation with your surgeon before the operation. Make sure there is no language barrier and that you trust the specialist.
- Always travel with a valid insurance. This way, you don’t have to worry, if something accidentally happens.
- Being informed who will assist you in the clinic and during your stay is an advantage and having their numbers is also beneficial.
- You can always ask your medical travel provider for a sample of an agreement and documents you will sign before the procedure
During your stay in Switzerland
- Information about diagnostics and treatment plan, all issues related to qualification, the scope of the procedure and possible complications after the treatment should be provided to you.
- Patients and their travel companions should make sure that all the things the care provider guaranteed are being fulfilled.
After your treatment/surgery
- After the treatment, keep in contact with the surgeon or treating doctor, as well as with your medical representative. For example, sometimes it is necessary to discuss some issues connected with aftercare after returning to the home country.
- The discharge documents, as well as the aftercare recommendations, should be prepared in the patient’s native language, s that their local doctors can understand what was done and what the patient might still need.
- In order to make the experience better and more transparent for the future patients, please leave a testimonial about your treatment experience.
- Patients may benefit from the treatment abroad not only by improving their condition, also by getting a chance to get accustomed to a foreign culture, discover new places and make great memories.