Strategic questions about the content marketing strategy are:
1) Customer Buyer Persona
- What special characteristics such as needs, questions or problems do the personas have?
- What are their demographic data such as age, gender, position?
- What are their goals, expectations, interests, and visions?
- What offers, solutions and experiences are they looking for?
2) Goals, benefits, topics
- What goals is your company pursuing in content marketing?
- What topics should be chosen to achieve high-quality brand positioning while addressing customer-centric concerns?
- What benefits does the service offer?
- Which sales arguments convince?
3) Story, formats, media plan
- What is the key story?
- How are the messages formulated?
- What is the tonality?
- What measures are required, such as blog, landing page, social media marketing?
- How is the media plan conceived: paid media, owned media, earned media, social media?
- How is the promotion, for example with Influencer Marketing?
4) Publications, actions, schedule
- Which publications (such as white papers, blogs, video series) should be created?
- Which actions (eg campaigns, webinars) should be planned?
- What are the leitmotifs of the campaigns?
- Which formats (such as texts, video, pictures) should be planned?
- What is the campaign time and budget plan to achieve the goals?
5) Content Marketing Costs: Production, Processes, Tools
- What is the cost framework for content production?
- How is content production done: internally or externally?
- How are the roles, tasks, processes, and responsibilities defined?
- How are governance and quality management controlled?
- What costs does the content promotion cost?
6) Content Marketing Controlling
Which key figures should be selected for success measurement for:
- the financial perspective
- the customer perspective
- the internal process perspective
- the learning and growth perspective?